Saturday, December 31, 2011

365 Day 365 -- part 3

I don't think this will EVER be done

  1. I realize that I am the only person I need to please with this piece.
  2. I realize this is a cat-creature, not an realistic cat sculpture.
  3. I totally realize/admit/understand that I am not a sculptor...I am just beginning.
  4. I want to remind myself that this is the most I have ever sculpted before on any piece.
  5. This piece will never ever be totally smooth...it is plaster cloth.
  6. Yes, Took, you will finish this piece. You will finish it in time for the Member's Show.
  7. Yes, he most likely does need a tail.



Okay...now with all of that out of the way...


the back of the head before (and blurry)














the back of the head now












torso getting strengthened and smoothed















Yow...he looks SO different from when we started out.




I need a break...

1 comment:

coastalcutie2000 said...

I like it! And you should be proud of your accomplishments! How many folks can say they stuck to their guns and completed something they never were sure they would? You Rock for being brave enough to try something new!!! It is very catlike now, and I like the tail idea more and more, you were right about it.

And in the end, you are always the final word on how your work gets done, don't let people intimidate you. My mother told me once, "I should take my work to San Francisco. There ought to be some CRAZY person there who would buy it..." I can tell you, I cheer you on no matter what because I know how hurtful people can be with their comments.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...