Friday, December 2, 2011

365 Day 336

what a great day!

I did another shift at the 7th Annual Holiday Art Market at the Northville Art House today. I got to talk with some really nice folks, a couple of friends dropped by and shopped, I covered the rest of the Art-o-mat blocks I was working on, I met a fan of my Art-o-mat art -- and -- I won one of the fabulous raffle gift baskets!





My view of the gallery from where I was sitting at the little table working on my Arto-blocks. There are such lovely things at this sale!













The edges of the first few blocks I did today -- I really like how these are turning out -- I am SO glad I didn't throw that paper away.

My friend Ruth was looking at them and kept finding creatures in the abstract colors and patterns...kind of the way I keep finding creatures in that sketch book from the print making class. I may need to re-think this and use these blocks for a new series for Art-o-mat. I am going to take a closer look at them over the weekend.




Sorry for the blurry photo of Joan -- I think my camera couldn't tell what I was trying to focus on. As it turns out, this is the raffle basket I won!
















Here is a photo of the basket I won (taken on my first shift at the Holiday Art Market back on November 17).

The title of my basket was Hooray for Northville.














And here is what was in the basket:

First of all, the handmade ornament and cool basket.

A commemorative mug from the Northville Victorian Festival and hot cocoa, an artists book and two beauty products.













A bottle of wine, bottle stopper and decorative napkins




















A really wonderful Pewabic tile.









SIX gift certificates!

Two stores and four restaurants.









Now, about the Arto-guy. When people came up into the gallery to look at stuff I didn't generally say anything as they are browsing...except when they got to the raffle baskets, then I told them about the raffle. So this cool guy was looking around and stopped at my items and was looking at them...the prints and the Animal People collages. Then he went downstairs. He came back up because Carla knew I had change for the Art-o-mat. He told me he was from out of town and whenever he goes somewhere he looks at the Arto-website to see if there are any Art-o-mat machines nearby. He came to the Art House today just to visit the Art-o-mat machine! Then he said he noticed that there were a few larger collages on the wall by an artist whose Arto-art he has a couple pieces of and really likes. I said that was me and he said "You're Took?" and we both got mildly shy for a second or two. We talked about Art-o-mat some more and it was just really wonderful. I gave him a Tookie finger puppet (I had three unboxed ones with me). He went downstairs and got 4 artpacks from the machine. He was especially happy to get a Capacitor Bot by Obvious Front and mentioned he was sorry he missed ever getting a pewter saltine cracker by Herbert Hoover.

AND someone bought one of my Tooklets!

It was just a really great day!

Oh -- and just in case you are local to my area and are thinking of going to the Holiday Art Market...here is another link. The Holiday Art Market runs through next Saturday, December 10th.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...