Tuesday, December 27, 2011

365 Day 361

I guess I had one more session/project in me tonight!

I know it turned into Tuesday already, but as far as I'm concerned it is still Monday night because I haven't gone to bed yet. I thought I was done for the night when I made the arms for this experimental dog, but I guess I needed to work on the head and face.

I don't think there is any need to caption the photos...just show them. It was pretty much straight forward wadding up Scott's Xtreme Rags, little pieces of swimming pool floaty bopper material and eight layers of paper bags (for the upper lips). I worked on this from just before midnight until now -- 2:16. It still needs some tweaking and fine tuning but I am quite pleased (and surprised) with the results. I like him.

The eyes are flints/blanks from a taxidermy catalog and are clear glass with the black pupils pre-painted. I believe they are actually fish eyes but these are the largest unpainted eyes I have found so far.



































































































































































































And yes -- I know I need to get working on the smoothing layers and tweaking of the cat-creature so that I meet the delivery deadline, but as I work on the experimental dog I learn more things that I am using on the cat-creature. I just need to keep up with both of them.

2 comments:

Azulparsnip said...

love this guy already. I like to read about you going thru the process too.

Took said...

Thanks!

My sister likes him, too...but she said "you always make the eyes SO big on everything."

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...