Friday, December 16, 2011

365 Day 350

completing the first tier

Today I am completing the first tier of the tomato cage body/base for the cat-creature.



This is how it looked before I got started...just one panel of chicken wire/poultry netting and plaster cloth was done.

I originally thought I would do each panel of the tier separately but I found (after I cut separate panels) that I can actually (so far anyway) just wrap and overlap the panels. That may change as the sizes of the panels get larger and the chicken wire sections get more unwieldy to handle.











The chicken wire/poultry netting.



















The gloves and cutting tool. I wish the fingers on the gloves were just a half inch shorter.









Laying out the chicken wire and setting a few tomato cages on it to hold it open.



At the lower left is the pile of three sections that I cut.








How the piece looked with the chicken wire overlapping the panels.











Twink arrives at the door to watch.













Twink discovers the wire that hold the chicken wire in place on the roll.












Close up of the chicken wire and masking tape...you can peek inside of the tomato cage.


















All taped up and ready for plaster cloth.














Ta-daaaaaa. This tier has a completed chicken wire base and triple layer of plaster cloth.


Now...to update the last three days of blog posts!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...