Monday, December 26, 2011

365 Day 360 -- part 5

experimental arms for an experimental plaster cloth dog

Okay -- one last quick project for tonight!

I made arms for the dog. I wanted them to be simple but I didn't want to spend as much time on them as I did on Chime Cat's arms. Although Chime Cat has simple-looking arms, they took me a long time to make and they frustrated me a bit because they are not even...but I guess that is part of Chime Cat's charm.






For these arms/paws I decided to skip the claws because there will be plenty of stuff to look at with the tie and clothes. And like I said, I wanted arms similar to Chime Cat.



I used one of those swimming pool floaty bopper things and cut it in half. I used two super long paint stirs for underneath to keep their straight shape. Three layers on top and bottom, then three layers of triangles to hold the plastic caps (thanks, Suzanne!) on and that was that.


I used vinyl exam gloves for this project to see how it would go with gloves on. I tried it once before with a different brand (size large) and the fingertips were too long. These are also a size large but are a little smaller. I still need a medium to fit better. But man -- what a joy! They even kept the plaster cloth wetter and slid the plaster around easier...I guess my hands absorb it. AND I don't have to soak and scrub the plaster residue off of my hands...yay!


I gave the arms rounded paws and cuffs for the sleeves. Even though they weigh a LOT, I think they will be fine. I like how they look.

I am going to have to do the smoothing and tweaking layers to the dog before I put on the arms and the collar and tie. But I am done for tonight!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...