I was planning on taking off the front of Grammy's face tonight. As I got ready and pulled the saw out something told me to just try and pull the nose additions off -- what was there to lose -- I'd be cutting it off later anyway. Voila (for now)!
I didn't mind the way things were going except that Grammy wasn't cute anymore. This is what happens when I try to assert my idea onto something that is coming out of nowhere...something that is taking shape as it goes along. I wasn't unhappy exactly with the face/head from yesterday but it wasn't quite "Grammy"-y enough.
Here is the progression:
|LOL -- "before" - tonight Grammy almost looked like a cow...or the Mock Turtle w/o a shell.|
|pulling off the add-ons|
|"after" -- so far|
|Uh-oh -- what I thought was a pencil line yesterday is actually a crack...I need to build her arms up a bit anyway...it'll get fixed.|
|Yep -- she is closer to "It was about this big" again.|
|Much happier tonight -- both of us.|
Her tail fell off all the way yesterday, too. She is nowhere close to being done yet. Her ears still need work, she needs an eye treatment, the back of her head needs work, it isn't quite "right" around her chin yet...I am sure she will keep evolving into what she is supposed to be.