Wednesday, November 6, 2013

365/2013 - Day 309

working on the robot guy

Today I have been working on what I am calling the robot guy.  I am still not sure I will finish him so I won't say what my end goal is...but I started work on him today at Joan's house this morning with Joan and Leann.

I explained what I was hoping to do, Joan (and Leann) offered verbal assistance, walking me through the steps.
Many steps later I had the pieces hand sewn and stacked together --
Joan offered to run the side seams for me on her sewing machine -- it really did only take about two minutes for Joan to do that. 
Back at home again I plugged away tonight on sewing the bottom edges of the head and the monitor/body, attaching the head to the body, and sewing down the edge all around the screen area.  

This part took up a lot of tonight's work time, but I think it was well worth the effort.
I feel very confident that everything is securely in place so far, plus I think the edge around the screen looks much more polished and finished now.  I know it doesn't look like it, but the head is quite securely attached, too...I want to embellish it now and make it more decorative.
I need to choose the fabric for his arms and legs and figure out how I want to do his hands and feet.  I will be adding beads to his antennae, too.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...