Tuesday, July 29, 2014

Day 210 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Ten

Yesterday was an early day for Sue's husband at work and I was able to come home earlier.  Today Sue had her second post-surgical office exam...I still haven't heard from them and I think we may be going back to "regular" hours...so I am posting to the blog now rather than when I get home tonight (because I might not make my midnight deadline).

I've been trying to think of what this big blue guy wants to be.  After spending a lot of time with this collage this morning I think I may have an idea.  I am going to take the canvas with me over to Sue's today and start some prep work...hopefully.

Monday, July 28, 2014

Day 209 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Nine

I had a shorter day with Sue today, but I still didn't get a chance to work on anything.  But I did make a really delicious pot of soup.  It is hard to think this could be, but today I roasted vegetables in the oven for the first time (without them cooking with a roast).  And I also made a vegetable puree for the first time.  I mean...seriously?  I am sixty and this was a first for both things for me.  But man oh man -- that soup really was deeee-lish-ussss!  I made the soup base a couple of days ago and then finished the cooking of it today.

Mmm-mmm, soup!

And as I was leaving to go to Sue's and I was going to the front door to turn on the porch light I found Twink and Bootsy in the kitty bed...together...they hardly ever ever ever cuddle together.

Twink and Bootsy in the kitty bed by the front door.

Sunday, July 27, 2014

Day 208 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Eight

I have been giving this guy (the giraffe guy's companion) a lot of thought today.  I finally just held my breath and put a few lines on him...I might have to change things eventually...but this is kinda sorta how he will maybe look.

The collage back on July 2...he was just beginning to surface.
Sorry for the soft focus -- I guess my camera couldn't see what I was trying to see.  This is the companion guy "before".
This is the companion guy "after" -- so far.  I might have to resort to adding more paper and undoing his look...I am just not so sure yet.
The companion guy with his shirt, collar, cuff, and arm also emphasized.
The only thing I know tonight is I just don't know yet.

Saturday, July 26, 2014

Day 207 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Seven

I have the weekend "off" from staying with my sister (and her broken leg) but I am taking some personal time today/tonight...catching up on household chores (that I am actually enjoying doing), making a soup base from the chicken from last night...stuff like that.  I feel like I am accomplishing much.  Plus, my allergies are going absolutely crazy.

So...in the meantime...take a look a my friend Terri Light's super cool mini collages at her Etsy store as well as her Instagram photos and one of her blogs...and...have a look at one of my most favorite of Terri's collages "Great Great Aunt Lydia and Maxine du Mouseier".

Great Great Aunt Lydia and Maxine du Mouseier by Terri Light (from my collection).

Friday, July 25, 2014

Day 206 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Six

I am on my way over to my sister's to stay with her until her husband gets home from work...she is still in very good spirits but that darn broken leg is going to take quite a while to heal.  

In the meantime, here is my trusty astronaut cat by Robin VanValkenburg/The Runny Bunny.  I LOVE all of the wonderful pieces I have by Robin!  Click the link!

Thursday, July 24, 2014

Day 205 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Five

YAY -- some actual activity to report after a few days of nothing.

This morning I dropped off Woodlee at Detroit Artists Market for the If You Build It, They Will Come.  (click the links for info)

I was greeted by Dalia Reyes, DAM's Program Manager.  Dalia and I looked over my paperwork and checked Woodlee in.  Dalia went to make me a copy of my paperwork and I looked around the DAM store area -- such wonderful artwork for sale. 

While Dalia and I were finishing up at the counter a man came over to say hello and look at Woodlee.  Dalia introduced us...it was Matt Fry, DAM's Director.  After a bit of conversation we all exchanged business cards and I was back on my way home. 

I really really like Detroit Artists Market.  It is a warm and welcoming place with a splendid array of all kinds of artwork.   I won't be able to make it to the opening for If You Build It, They Will Come but I will be going back sometime during the run of the exhibit to see all of the wondrous ways that so many artists used their five wood pieces.  I am SO excited to have the opportunity to be a part of this super clever show!

Woodlee holding onto his paperwork for me before we left.
Dalia greets us for intake at the Detroit Artists Market.
Checking Woodlee's paperwork.
Bye, Woodlee!
Woodlee, Matt Fry, Director and Dalia Reyes, Programs Manager -- Detroit Artists Market

August 1 - August 29, 2014

4719 Woodward Avenue
Detroit, MI  48201
(313) 832-8540

Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Day 204 - 365/2014

Day Two Hundred Four

Pretty much the same blog post as the last few days...helping Sue...keeping her company until her husband comes home at around midnight...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...