Wednesday, December 14, 2011

365 Day 348

Wednesday Morning at Joan's, time at Northville Art House, and ATC Exchange for December

Twink must've stepped on my alarm clock buttons last night because when the alarm went off I got up as usual, didn't look at the clock, started the coffee, fed the cats, and came in to check my email and do the crossword puzzle. Then I went over to Facebook for a quick look around and -- oh my gosh -- it was 8:45 -- not 7:15 like I was thinking it was. I was going to be late for Wednesday Morning at Joan's. Oh bother! That meant I needed to scoop up something quick to work on instead of what I was planning on doing.


I missed last week because I wasn't feeling well in the morning...so I missed seeing Joan complete a couple of quilts.

This is that one from a couple of weeks ago...the family tree. It is really incredible!












a detail section of the quilt
















Look -- it's Leann!













Joan finished her jellyroll quilt, too -- SO colorful!


















Leann and a handful of voodoo dolls she is working on today.











What Joan is working on today.












What I ended up bringing over to work on. I printed out several views of several plaster cloth guys to try and come up with possible ways to work on the.




Then (because I arrived late) it was suddenly noon and time to go. I went home for lunch and then went to the Northville Art House for a volunteer stint.





This was the first day of artist pick up of items that didn't sell at the Holiday Art Market. I was upstairs in the gallery with the check out papers for the artists.





Peggy came by to get her stuff. I had been admiring Peggy's paintings and especially this bird. Peggy liked one of my prints. I asked her if she wanted to trade -- and YAY, she did!

The blank space on the wall is where my print "Kitsune" was -- that was the one I traded for her painting.









And I got to trade with Carla, too. She likes the dog girl collage. Carla will make me a companion woodburned piece to go along with the giraffe of hers that I already have. Cool!











In between artists showing up I needed something to do. Joan gave me a boxful of flyers that needed another page stuffed in. I was very happy for the busy work.








And look -- Matt came by. He brought me a couple of CDs that he had borrowed plus one he wanted me to listen to. While we were visiting he looked at my stuff on the wall and liked the print called "Spirit". I asked him if he wanted it and he did!






Then I went home for a short while and Ruth came to get me and we went to dinner with Leann and Jane at the coney island by the place where we have the ATC meeting.




The theme for December's ATC exchange was Big Cats. The activity was presented by Leann -- decorating dinosaur cookies that she made. Fun stuff! Messy and very sweet but very very yummy!














I only decorated one cookie because the icing was too sweet for me, but I ate 3 cookies.

These are the cookies that Ruth decorated.












And these are the cards that I got in trade!

Not pictured is the one that Ruth made at my house that night she came over. You can see it
here.

A long but GREAT day!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...