Wednesday, December 21, 2011

365 Day 355 -- part two

cat-creature is standing again -- whew!


Wow...I found a way to get the cat-creature some air circulation for the base while the top layers of plaster cloth dry.

It is the same set up as on the big table in the studio -- the wire grid panels on top of two matching hard plastic boxes.

But -- in the process of moving the cat-creature I freaked myself out. I actually knocked a couple of framed pieces off the wall with his hand(s). Luckily, nothing broke in either mishap...and the cat-creature's hands survived one more time.

I am glad I stood him up...he is really starting to get heavy and I don't think it is good to have him on his side in case the weight starts shifting and distorts the shape of the tomato cage.

I think that could happen. Last night I was able to make adjustments to the plaster cloth crown even after it felt pretty dry. I know that the chicken wire is thinner and more flexible than the tomato cage wires, but you can bend the tomato cages fairly easily.


When I stood him up on the raised drying shelf I bumped him into the ceiling...he is really that close to it. I was worried he wouldn't fit. There is only about 3 inches clearance for his tallest fingers.

He is going to have to get placed directly on the floor after a few more layers of plaster cloth -- he is getting heavy and really is pretty unwieldy the higher off the ground you take him.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...