Saturday, January 7, 2012

2012/365 - Day 7

not much to see today

Today was a day of running around and errands, car trips back and forth...stuff like that...coupled with heavy duty allergic reactions to something in the air which required a dose of Benadryl. Gah.

I put two coats of gesso on the cat-creature's repaired areas. They seem to have worked just fine. Very satisfying and good to know I can fix something that far along in the process.


One of my errands was a trip to Michael's to pick up some Speedball ink for block printing.

While I was there I passed a 50% off display of various storage items. I was thinking that this wheeled thingy could be put to use with the plaster cloth guys somehow. At $19.99 I wasn't interested...at ten bucks, sure...I'll give it a go.











While I was putting it together I had the idea that maybe the sides could go face down and cover up the wheels...

...nope...well, it could but it doesn't roll so well because the wheels are limited to how far they can turn -- they can only go three quarters of a circle before they hit the walls of the trim.

Oh well.



Still...for ten bucks this isn't bad. It doesn't roll smoothly like this...yet.

Maybe I have the wheels on in the wrong configuration -- two of them lock.

Maybe with some weight in the cart part it will roll better.

I think it was well worth ten bucks for pre-cut pieces of finished MDF (or something like it) with a bunch of pre-drilled holes that I can use later.

I also picked up some tacky stuff for finally finishing off the wowl, and a few packets of little wooden blocks and spools for making those carved "landscape" elements into dimensional pictures. More on that in a few days.

Between the Benadryl and using the screwdriver and paintbrush I am going to take the night off and not try to make any Animal People collages. I am going to listen to my hand(s) and stop while I am ahead...for once.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...