Monday, January 2, 2012

2012/365 - Day 2

I know it isn't going to happen like this every time, but...

Wow. I love it when synchronicity happens.

This evening I tweaked my blog intention list thing and added that I wanted to use a sketchbook more often. I doctored one of the photos I took of the blue wolf-guy and printed it out and cut it out and glued it into the sketchbook that just happened to be on my desk.

When this guy turned out this way I was thinking he was some sort of guru or monk or something wrapped up in a robe. But when I was cutting out the picture I thought, "no, he looks like a guy that just stepped out of the shower and has a towel wrapped around him" and it made me laugh.

So I tried drawing some legs underneath him and added fur to his legs and chest.

Then it occurred to me -- remember that cabinet that fell down a few steps and crashed on my head and hit the floor when I was moving it down from the loft in the cat room?
Well, I just moved it again a few days ago and one of the legs came off again so I took both of the legs off and I like the cabinet a whole lot more. Anyway...




These are those legs from the cabinet. As soon as I had drawn the legs on the blue wolf-guy I knew these were his legs.















However, I did not know at the time that the saw I have been using to cut the legs off of the tomato cages (and also anything else that needs to be cut like the swimming pool floaty bopper things) is not the saw you need to cut wood.

Luckily I found my other saw and was able to cut the wood off quickly and without incident.







A photograph of what synchronicity + success looks like (for me).













And here is the blue wolf-guy with his new legs -- he stands on his own! AND the legs have feet already -- just like in the sketch!

I have plenty of work left to do on this guy, including figuring out how to attach the legs to the body...but I love it when a string of things just falls into place! Wow.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...