Sunday, January 22, 2012

2012/365 - Day 22

blogging about it without revealing too much

Man -- I just spent a couple of hours (hopefully) solving the dilemma of the bottom of the base of the cat-creature. I feel okay with blogging about this (even though I said I wasn't going to show more until I deliver it) because it doesn't really reveal much of what is going on elsewhere.

When I was building the base part with the plaster cloth triangles and strips I wanted to keep the very bottom (that sits on the floor) as even as possible so that the cat-creature wouldn't be tippy.

But now it has come time to figure out how to finish off the bottom and work it into the base. I still need to keep it as even as possible.

Back to those remaining Trader Joe's bags that I have been using on the Working Dog. I dug out the jar of Yes! glue and cut little pieces where there were already deep creases in the bags and glued them to the bottom of the base. Man -- that YES! glue is seriously sticky...it is also a very old jar. Maybe the glue isn't supposed to be that thick.



I think the idea is a basically good fix because the bags are kind of thick. But that was also the problem with this fix...the bags weren't very cooperative because they weren't getting very wet. The YES! glue is incredibly thick and gooey, but not really wet. I had to change my vinyl gloves four times because they got so icked up...LOL.

So I was looking at the completed ring of paper bag pieces and the Universe/my collaborators stepped in. I got the idea suddenly to use triangles of decorative paper and matte medium. It is wet and the paper will soak up the liquid and it goes with what else I've been doing. YAY.


Well...it seems to be working (so far). I think it will need another layer but right now I need to walk away from it.

It also appears that this was a really good fix for areas within the interior with the chicken wire where the plaster cloth didn't want to stay. Another YAY!

I will check back in later tonight.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...