Wednesday, January 25, 2012

2012/365 - Day 25

hooray for the cavalry!

I had no choice -- the delivery deadline is forcing me to step waaaaaaaaaay outside of my comfort zone -- so I called in the cavalry. Thank goodness they like me.

The time had come to paint the cat-creature's face, head and hands. Peggy and Leann came over this morning to coach me, show me, walk me through it, cheer me on, and finally, make me do it on my own.







I showed Peggy what I had in mind...the colors and how I wanted the face to look. Peggy mixed the color for me and figured out how to apply the paint, then showed me how to blend the colors directly onto the piece. I am very happy with the results. I still need to touch up the pink in the ears and put the eyes on.

This is the only photo I am showing of what we did. This is where Peggy tried out the colors.









And a bit later on Joan and Alex dropped by!











UPDATE:
Since the first draft of this blog post (above) I have started to paint the eyes. The second shade of green that I wanted to use would not stay on...it just kept lifting of with each dab and/or pull of the brush -- I was forced to go with a different color -- so I went with a whole other kind of paint (my old standby, Lumiere) and I started to make the eyes metallic olive green. But I stood back a little and decided the eyes would be way too dark with that color. Gah -- I ended up mixing and blending my own new color (that I will never be able to repeat in a million years) but I reeeeeally really like how it turned out.

I need to let that dry before going any farther, but I put in little marks where the other eye embellishments will go. This cat is turning into Xanny Jr.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...