Saturday, January 14, 2012

2012/365 - Day 14

feeling a bit overwhelmed

When I was painting Chime Cat I had a lot of help relaxing...tonight it sure feels like that may have been the only way I was going to get through it...and I may need to resort to that method for the cat-creature. I am feeling (quite) a bit overwhelmed.

I wasn't able to locate the glaze colors I was hoping for so I had to mix it myself. It looks to be the right consistency (compared to the other colored glaze I have) and it is acting like that other colored glaze, but I just don't know. I think I am probably overthinking things and just choking at too many possibilities and choices.

I am going to leave the small areas I worked on alone for the rest of the night and look at them fresh tomorrow. I kinda think I have made things too complicated for myself (at least at this point in my learning process with paint) and I need to just calm down and make things as simple as possible.

I also tried out tiny sections of the other idea I had for the body/base of the cat-creature. The jury is still out on that, too.


BUT --

Today I had a really great time with Ruth. She took me out to lunch for my day-after-my-birthday day and we also went to an art supply store and I used a lot of that gift card my sister gave me.

I got a bunch of paint, a large bottle of acrylic glazing liquid, a reeeeeeeeeally nice angle brush, and a carving block that I have never seen/tried before.








I also got twenty sheets of a mid-range handmade paper in several different colors.










I am testing out the idea of papering the base/body...not sure if I will do it or not.


















I tried out the paint and glaze on a section of the Studio Snake.

This is the plain paint.








This is the paint with the glaze over it and next to it is just the glaze.

















This is the Studio Snake section with the cat-creature's hand to show the difference. I dunno...













This is a small section of the cat-creature's face with just the glaze on it. Again, I dunno...










I also think I will continue to photograph it in its various stages, but these will be the last process photos of the cat-creature I post in the blog until after I complete it and deliver it to the Members Show at the Northville Art House at the end of the month...mostly because I want it to be a surprise.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...