Tuesday, January 10, 2012

2012/365 - Day 10

toning down the colors

I have been working on the Studio Snake's head again today trying to understand how to tone down the colors and (hopefully) add a little depth to the to the finish.



Studio Snake head "before"













Studio Snake head "after"




I have been playing with the raw umber glaze by Golden.

I like how this has turned out, but it is so much easier to do this on the Studio Snake's head because I can pick it up and turn it and hold onto it, etc.


Actually doing it to the cat-creature is going to be scary...but I guess if I wreck it I can always paint over it and start again.



I also like the look of the straight-from-the-bottle-super-saturated colors.

I really dislike this part...this painting and tweaking stuff.

(waaaaah -- poor Took)

I love the making/plaster cloth'ing part.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...