Monday, January 2, 2012

2012/365 - Day 2 - Animal People collages part 1

Animal People collages

Animal People have been in my dreams and fantasies since I was a kid. I think the earliest ones must have come from fairy tales and library books. When I was in my mid-teens my mom taught decoupage and other paper arts and as a sort of "punishment" (I was a bit unruly sometimes) I had to cut small images that her students either couldn't cut or didn't want to cut out themselves. But ha ha -- I actually loved cutting the paper images! I had my own pair of small decoupage scissors (the ones I still use) and after a while some of her students started paying me to do all of their cutting.


I've always had a lot of magazines and catalogs coming to my house. I used to save everything. Over the last few years I have been able to tear out images and sort them into categories and then recycle the rest of the magazine, but I still have bins and dressers full of untouched materials I need to sort through.












It has been quite a while since I made a set of plain Animal People collages for Art-o-mat and I really miss doing it. Animal People collages are my art "first love".

I covered those blocks with the leftover alcohol inks-dyed papers in late November...it is about time I get down to it!





I was thinking today that if I could make five collages a day it would only take me ten days to finish the series and I could ship them off to Artists in Cellophane. Cool -- that is what I am aiming for.

Here are the first five of fifty --













































2 comments:

Fibra Artysta said...

LOVE them!! :)

Took said...

Thanks, Lynn...I love making them!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...