Friday, January 27, 2012

2012/365 - Day 27

sigh...the cable box is broken...no tv to watch

What happens when I have some down time between spraying coats of varnish on the cat-creature and I am not able to watch tv?


Well...I sit at my desk and look at the "save it for later" shelf.

I snatched up this long necked cat-ish guy and tried to imagine what to do with him. I figured he needed a body.

This basket was on my desk -- but alas, the plaque the cat-ish guy is built on was too wide for the basket.












Ha! That is what wood saws are for!














My guestimate was pretty accurate!

















But no...not quite right. I didn't want to have to try to figure out how to fill in the basket and how to get from the front of his neck to the front of the body.














But I got an idea for the legs and future feet -- those inner things needed to come out of the caps first.











What else...hey -- how about this box? Guess what -- it was exactly the right width.



































It will be interesting to see what comes next with this guy.

(I know this guy is partly due to tv deprivation...I wonder if the lingering varnish fumes have anything to do with it?)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...