Thursday, January 26, 2012

2012/365 - Day 26

time to get back to wet work

Now that the cat-creature is done and in the varnishing stage, I am ready to get back to some wet plaster cloth work -- yay! It feels like it has been ages since I worked on anything.


Remember this guy? Here is the very first day I worked on him.

He has changed quite a bit since then. Today he still needed a bit of tweaking.

















I needed to fill in some "valleys" and smooth him out.

















I like this guy so much!













He is looking better now...it is hard to see in the first picture, but he was looking like he'd been in a fight and had chunks missing or something.

I worked on him enough tonight...my fingers are all pruney.

I had almost forgotten what it is like to work on something "small". Trying to smooth the plaster cloth in tight spots was a bit of a challenge...but it felt good.

He still has a few spots that need fixing and I have to figure out what the base is going to do. I also need to plot out how I will work on him so that I am not making more trouble for myself. I need to figure out in what order things need to happen.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...