Thursday, May 31, 2012

2012/365 - Day 152

another road trip to Muskegon

My incredibly wonderful sister Sue drove me back to Muskegon to pick up Chime Cat and R. Rebel (both pieces were not accepted for the 84th Regional Exhibition.)

Here are some overall views from our visit...I wasn't really supposed to take any/many photos of single pieces of art.  I tried to just show how wonderful this museum is!  This is the 100th anniversary of the Muskegon Museum of Art -- do yourself a favor and take a trip to see the fabulous-ness!













This is Greg, one of the really friendly and helpful guards at the museum.  He really loves his job and he LOVES this museum!

This is an approach to the show my pieces didn't make it into...the 84th Regional Exhibition.

They had over 600 submissions and approximately 210 pieces made the show.

It really is a fantastic show -- so many incredible pieces and so many different types of art.  Go see it!




And now...a little self indulgence -- the return of Chime Cat and R. Rebel (the two pieces I submitted that were not accepted) to their permanent home in my collection!  The house has been VERY empty without them -- I am SO glad to have them back!






No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...