Saturday, May 12, 2012

2012/365 - Day 133

tweaking the collage

It is going to be a while yet before I feel better...and the weather isn't helping my allergies much, either.  And climbing down out of my sister's very tall truck and back up into it about 30 times on Thursday is just compounding everything today and adding a new twist.  I didn't feel it yesterday...it always hits you two days after it happens, doesn't it?  Oh well.  Moving on...

Tonight I tweaked the horse guy in canvas #6.  I want to make him and the llama/giraffe girl stand out from the background but I don't want to lose the background because I'd like the viewer to possibly see the other creatures I see emerging from the papers...I don't want to cover them up.



I am using Golden Cobalt Blue acrylic glaze over the layers of collage papers and matte medium to add color to the horse guy's shirt.

I want to be able to still see the papers through the glaze.


This is the "before" photo.  Any blue in the shirt in this view is blue collage paper.


Here is a close up of the area when I first started adding the glaze...quite a difference, but you can still see through it.

It is a little hard to see with this lighting, but look at the luscious colors in the sleeves with the teal paper and blue glaze.

I want this shirt to look like one of those baseball jerseys with the sleeves that are a different color from the body of the shirt.  I think they are baseball jerseys.


Overall shot of the canvas "after" the glaze. 

I wonder how it will look when it is dry.  I wonder if I will be able to buff it a little to tweak the color more.  I will probably add a thin black line to separate the sleeves from the chest area of the shirt.

That's enough for now...it took longer than it looks like it did.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...