Thursday, May 24, 2012

2012/365 - Day 145 (today's "real" post)

I got an idea for Grammy

Wow.  I can't believe how cleared off my desktop is.  I wonder how long I can keep it like this?












I was very glad when the Universal collaborators dropped by tonight.  I was really having a hard time with what Grammy was going to be about -- or doing.  Now I know.


My first thought was to start out by making really simple mitten-style hands for her but the collaborators had other, better ideas.

The hand is made of one of those glass blobs, some cut up flat craft sticks (two taped together for each digit) and some cardboard under the thumb.

This time I/we are making the fingers, hands and arms all one construction and adding them to the body.


I also knew better this time to pre-cut a lot of tiny pieces of plaster cloth. Thin strips, small rectangles, medium strips, medium triangles.


Ta-daaaa -- I like it!

I couldn't stop to take any pictures during the plaster cloth'ing -- too messy and things were firming up quickly.

I left the arm flat in places so that I could build it up as I needed to add plaster cloth to attach it to the body.


Here is Grammy...one side of her anyway.

I need a break.  I also need to make dinner.

I will plaster cloth her other fingers/hand/arm and attach it tonight.  Then I will turn my attention to her face.








No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...