Monday, July 2, 2012

2012/365 - Day 184

trying to add the shadow/stand out stuff

I don't know...I am sort of pleased but not totally...with the way this turned out.  I could still tweak it a bit but I am getting "done" with it.  I am too skurred to try to do the foxish-creature tonight.  


Nothing left to do but grit my teeth, hold my breath, and dive in!


Okay...I don't claim to be a painter...I just want the creature to stand out from the background.


And the little sleepy guy, too.

This time I tried doing the shadow first and then the darker outline.


I really don't think it is going to get much better unless someone who knows what they are doing comes in and fixes it.  I am okay with it...but there is definitely lots of room for improvement.

This is when it was still pretty wet.




Hanging on the wall and nearly dry.

It looks better in these photos than it does in person.  Maybe it will look better to me once I have a frame around it.

I am still going to try it for submission.








I will attempt the foxish-creature tomorrow...I'm too shaky tonight.  I can't believe how much that (painting) takes out of me...LOL.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...