Tuesday, March 27, 2012

2012/365 - Day 87

it's another Benadryl night

Blast it all -- the Benadryl beat me. Tonight I was planning on painting edges of little MDF blocks (smaller and thinner that the official blocks from Art-o-mat) for the new DIY version of Penciled In.

I usually do this step in the back of my studio but I am making a series of 100 this time and now that I have so many other projects going at once, I no longer have the room in here. I've moved this part of the operation to the basement...where to set up, though?



I found an out of the way work area where I can leave everything set up and spread out for drying. And I found an even better drying rack...a dog crate wall.

Take one of the smaller of these wire grid walls...













...lay it across two inexpensive taborets (that hold semi-sorted collage images)...and voila!...it's the perfect solution for drying little blocks.











These are the 100 mini MDF blocks I will be working with.

Unfortunately, the Benadryl is kicking in and I am really starting to nod out a lot...oh well, there's always tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...