Tuesday, March 20, 2012

2012/365 - Day 80

I don't claim to be a painter

Well I wouldn't exactly call what I've been doing painting, but I've been applying paint to canvas #4 this afternoon. And I am wearing more paint than I put on the canvas.





There I go again...trying to mix colors. I don't know what I was expecting when I put those two colors together...but it is exactly the color I wanted.











Titanium White
Burnt Sienna
Raw Sienna
and
Burnt Umber...








The guy I was working on doesn't look very much like what I had in mind yesterday, but I do like him very much.

I am not sure what I had in mind was actually possible in this situation...at least not by me...yet.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Sometimes I don't know if I'm painting or the painting is telling me what to paint...a lot of times it's a back and forth dialogue..I'm in charge...oh...the paintings in charge...I'm in charge......Sometimes I have to forcefully take back the reigns. No wonder the outcome is so personal. And like any relationship, sometimes it's smooth and sometimes there's struggle...hmmm, you got me thinking. Looking forward to seeing the progress here.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...