Tuesday, March 6, 2012

2012/365 - Day 66 -- part two

filling a guy in with paint

We all know I am not a painter. But sometimes there is just no getting around it, it is the best way to cover up/fill in/finish the project I am working on.


I wanted to limit myself to three colors for this demon bull/beast guy. Light Blue Permanent, Titanium White, and Burnt Umber.



I tried to keep what Peggy showed me (when she helped me with the Cat-Creature) in mind. I know I'm not doing things exactly as she showed me, but hey...













I am surprised by the colors I am getting. I like them.

Me? Mixing paints?













Back to work on canvas #2...the one where all the creatures emerged.

So I started to fill in the spaces where the color would go and still leave the pencil marks so I could see where the shadows and outlines are.


































Then I tried to back really fast and add a darker color to get the outlines back...and the shadows were a mixture of colors.




Obviously, it isn't finished...but it is a decent beginning.






How it looks overall right now.

1 comment:

Fibra Artysta said...

He's really quite cool!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...