Saturday, March 3, 2012

2012/365 - Day 63

thinking...thinking...

I am feeling sort of sleepy tonight but I still need to DO something for today's blog post.




I was driving by Scrappy Chic tonight on my way home. When we were there for the art quilt class I saw some paper floss at the counter in a display.

I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, so I stopped in and bought three spools. Now I wish I had grabbed some green, too.

Anyhow...

I also remembered tonight that I had a pack of "paper needles" in my stash.

And yes, indeed, I DO have a couple of circle punches...as well as a whole bunch of different sizes of caps to trace around.

The theme for this month's Artist Trading Cards in the ATC Exchange group is "circles". I think tonight I will play around with these items and try to come up with a few designs. Ruth is coming over tomorrow to work on ATCs and also her two tarot cards for the trade. If I get my idea(s) down tonight I will be that much closer for assembling them tomorrow.

UPDATE:



Yeah...not so much. I like the idea of sewing paper onto the base M:tG card with paper floss...but it cramps up my hand too much because it is hard to get the needle through the card.

Back to the drawing board.

I will use the way cool paper floss for something...some other time.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...