Tuesday, August 20, 2013

365/2013 - Day 231

working on the small spikey guy

I was working on this guy with no sort of pattern or solid body shape, but when I tried to baste the piece together it just wasn't working and I needed to cut the body away from the head.  It will all turn out the way it is supposed to in the end.


This is how he looked after I worked on him today.
This is an example of how the fabric turns color...you can't see the green color very well, but you can see that it turns yellow when it gets warm.
The body and head, now separated.
You can't see in this pic, but all of the spikes have colored stitching at the base...I like how that turned out.
I like the buttons, too.
View from the side.
I am done playing/working with this for tonight.

Tonight I am also tweaking two collages.  I will submit a total of four collages on repurposed canvases for an upcoming show.  Maybe one will get in...that'd be really cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...