Sunday, August 18, 2013

365/2013 - Day 229

starting a new spikey guy

But I want this one to be smaller than the first two spikey guys.  I am also trying to put the spikes and other embellishments on before I get the body partly sewn this time.  It is obviously much easier to work with while it is flat.  I am using a thin sewing needle today and it is hard to do much more work on this guy today -- my wrists and fingers are beginning to hurt...I want to keep sewing, but I have to stop for tonight.


I forgot to take the early steps pics...I am sewing flat this time and will add shape as I go along.  It is hard to see in these photos, but the material is the color-changing t-shirts stuff that my sister gave me.  This shirt is a light green that turns yellow when it gets warm.  I am sewing on the "wrong" side of the fabric for a little different look.
And this is as far as I got tonight, my hands are complaining...thin sewing needle.




Also today...

Patti at the Northville Art House Store asked if I would make some Tookies to have as a lower price point item.  She liked both the Tookies but hadn't seen any Tooklets...she liked them both when I made some samples and showed her.  I think I came up with a way to display them.

I think this thing is meant for holding photos or xmas cards.  I put a colored paper clip through the Tookies and Tooklets and in person they look pretty cool -- we'll see how Patti feels about it.
These are some of the Tooklets I came up with...

Add caption
and some of the new-style Tookies


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...