Wednesday, October 30, 2013

365/2013 - Day 302

hanging the show -- and finishing Tooklets

Today Peggy and Liz helped me hang the show in the upper gallery at the Northville Art House.  I am super happy with the way it turned out -- and I could not have done it without their help...and a few pointers from Joan...and a quick hand from Patti.  Thank You, everybody!

Mike Sivak arrived early on to disassemble his wonderful "Parcae" game...we all hate to see it go.
Peggy starts on the big wall.
Liz starts on the areas next to the windows...we needed to leave the area behind the bar for the wreaths.
Kate Paul came by to drop off her three pieces for the show (that needed some adjustments) and got a chance to meet Liz, who purchased one of Kate's paintings from the last show.
Almost done -- last adjustments before Peggy and Liz left.  I started putting up the labels and I needed to make a run back home for a little saw and to retype a few labels.
I took a peek in the lower gallery/classroom where the Camera Club's "Through the Lens" will be on display -- it looks great!
ALL DONE -- now the lights just need to be directed and the raffle baskets need to be set in place on the tables.
I'm really happy with the way this show turned out.
We have a lot of really great small format art in quite a variety of media and styles.
I'm anxious to see it the gallery full of people on Friday!
Tonight (so far) I have completed 2 of the 6 Tooklets.

Tomorrow I need to go into the NAH for a quick sanding of the spackled areas and to touch up the paint.  Tonight I will keep working on Tooklets until I go to bed. 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...