Tuesday, October 15, 2013

365/2013 - Day 287

a lovely day with Andi

Today I got to spend a big block of time with my friend Andi.  We went to the Village Theater at Cherry Hill to see the "21st Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition", where I have a collage in this wonderful show.  The juror was Gilda Snowden.

Here are some of my favorite snapshots of our day:

(a recreation of) Andi arriving
I was happy to see that my collage is hanging to the right of the main doors (on the way to the theater).
Why is it always so hard for my camera to "see" what I am seeing?  I was not seeing the glare on the glass, but the camera sure picks it up.  This is my collage "Couldn't Catch It".
"Again" by Bob Wesley
another view of the wall my collage is on
now on to the big, main wall...
"Rust and Bones" by Kate Paul
"Effervescence" by Kelly McGuire
(detail of) "One Summer Evening" by WanChuan Kesler
the back wall by the rear of the theater
"Turtles" by Rich Woods
and the main wall on the way back out again
Andi at Tuscan Cafe


"21st Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition" runs through October 28, 2013
The show is free and open to the public Monday-Friday, 10am-2pm (you may need to ring the "call" button at the box office), and during public performances, or by appointment.

The Village Theater at Cherry Hill
50400 Cherry Hill Roads
Canton, MI  48187

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...