Saturday, October 19, 2013

365/2013 - Day 291

getting reacquainted

Tonight I am getting reacquainted with my old overhead projector.  I have been going through every single paper and page and envelope and folder in my desk drawers trying to find my old acetate sheets of images but I could only find the one that was packed up with the projector...so I had to experiment with that one old, old sheet.

Honestly, I don't remember what kind of printer I had back then and I didn't know if the ink from my present printer would dry on the acetate...there is no setting for it in the drop down menu (my ancient printer had it listed).




So I gave it a go...I tried printing a small Micron pen drawing for an ATC I did a long, long time ago.  I covered up the other image on the used sheet of acetate and I printed out little images of the "Cat Looks Up" guy hoping that one of them would hit an empty spot on the acetate sheet.


3 images printed on the acetate -- the others on the regular paper that was covering up the old cat image.
The ink dried after a while and this is what I got.
So I am guessing this computer will print onto fresh acetate sheets just fine.  

I projected this image on the bathroom door after I re-remembered how to set up the projector and turn it on...and then how to focus the image.  It worked pretty well, but man -- I forgot how hot that thing runs!  It has a fan but it still gets pretty hot pretty quickly.

I think I will invest in some new acetate sheets (or whatever they are calling them now) and see what I can do.  I am hoping I can draw something I like and then project it onto that large canvas/collage that I painted over.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...