Saturday, December 22, 2012

2012/365 - Day 357

first stab at playing around with a mono print

I recently bought a Gelli Arts gel printing plate and I wanted to try it out.  I have a specific project in mind for it and Lynn showed me a fabulous tutorial she made demonstrating a bunch of ways to put it to use with fabric.  She also offered to do a demo if I could get some people together...and she mentioned that Jan is also interested in learning more.

Anyway...even though I wasn't going to be able to put much time into it, I wanted to do a quick trial with the product to see what it was like.  



Today I just used regular typing paper and junky craft paint that I was about to toss out.  When I work with this process for my "real" project, I will use fabric and fabric paint.

First layer, ready to pull the print.


First layer print.


Second color ready to go.


Second color printed.



Third color/layer ready to go.


Third color printed.











I think I will like using the gel printing plate with the fabric.  Today I couldn't put much time into it because of my knee.  Given all the circumstances (thin paper, watery icky paint, little patience, I need to be shown in person vs watching Lynn's tutorial video and the Gelli Arts demos) -- plus the fact I didn't give it enough time to dry between colors -- I think this turned out okay.  I probably should've gone from dark to light, too...I don't know.

I can get the general idea of how to do this from the videos, but I really really do need the hands on with a real person thing...and getting several friends together to try this will be great...waiting for it to happen is going to be tough.  (I think I'm going to have to wait until after I get my knee taken care of.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...