Sunday, December 2, 2012

2012/365 - Day 337

not much to show -- lots of thinking...

Today was a day of a lot of thinking and brainstorming and making lists.  Also thinking about the next guy I will be hand sewing for myself with plenty of room for experimenting.


First I had to go in and sew up small sections of the old seams that were a bit off.  Small holes that maybe someone else wouldn't see in the final creature, but I knew they were they and they bothered me.


In the ATC group I belong to, we will be making pages for a collaborative book with the theme of "house".   Today I started making lists of anything to do with the word house...common phrases, different slants on the word "house" itself.


A second list was started for longer phrases, titles, lyrics, etc.

The pages will be 4"x6" vertically oriented.  I am not sure I will use ANY of the things I listed today, but it has me thinking in a lot of different directions.  This project has a February deadline so there is plenty of time -- but I want to get an idea or two and then use the time to really express what I choose.

I am not sure if each of my pages will be the same or if they will all be different.


Back to the sewn-together-piece-of-fabric.  I sewed up the long edge with gold-ish thread so I could tell which seam was the side.

I need to make the legs... 





...and decide whether they will be placed inside of the bottom seam or if they will be added onto the surface of the body.












No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...