Saturday, December 15, 2012

2012/365 - Day 350

I really like to carve

Drawing my own designs, not so much...but carving -- YES!


 The original inspiration drawing segment that I traced is above and my attempt to draw something similar is below.

I put my drawing up to a pane of glass in my studio door so I could see through the paper and retrace my lines -- only going in the opposite direction.


Yay -- it worked!


Then I traced my drawing with soft pencil and tracing paper for the transfer of the design to the carving material.


I cut myself a chunk of carving material from the larger block.


I placed the pencil tracing into position and rubbed the paper to transfer the design.

Then I went over the smeary pencil lines with Sharpie markers so they'd be easier to see to carve.


Ready to carve!


I love this material -- it carves like butter!


There...all carved.


I inked up the carving with an old ink pad and made a test print.  I still need to go back and clean up the lines, but I am pretty happy with my waves for the sea monster artist trading cards for the January swap.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...