Saturday, December 1, 2012

2012/365 - Day 336

I know...it's not much but at least it's something...

Okay -- here is the thing.  On top of other day-to-day physical stuff, I injured my right knee in late October.  I ignored it for a long time...I thought it was getting better, but it isn't.  It has gotten progressively worse.  An x-ray on Thursday showed the arthritis we (my doctor and I) knew was in there but (thankfully) no loose calcium bits or broken bits.  Monday morning (or Wednesday afternoon) I go in for an MRI -- my doctor thinks I have torn my right medial miniscus.  That's all I want to say about stuff...it hurts pretty bad...it is limiting my movement and activities...oh well.  I can't do much else (at the moment) than what I have been directed to do.  Fingers crossed, we'll see what happens.

So -- here is what I did today.  My sister Sue gave me a handful of the color-changing t-shirts that have too many flaws to sell as t-shirts, but that are great for cutting up and working with.  They still change colors when they get warm and that is all that matters to me.



Doing some initial cutting...


I need to get a box of nice, smooth straight pins so that I can do a better job of seaming this time around.
These shirts are so cool -- they are pretty "old" (for color-changing properties, that is) and they still react quickly and with a lot of contrast.

The redder purple (bottom one) turns bright blue, the purple one turns white, the pinky one turns light blue, the orange sherbet one turns bright yellow and the gray one turns white.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...