Friday, August 17, 2012

2012/365 - Day 230

busy-in-short-bursts kind of day

Twink and Bootsy had an 8:00 a.m. appointment at the vet for their booster shots.  A bit later, Sue called and asked if I was busy -- she and Valorie were going garage sale-ing and out to lunch and wondered if I'd like to join them.  We also made a stop at the Northville Art House.  Then later after my first round of Benadryl wore off I finished off the Tookies faces...yep -- a busy-in-short-bursts kind of day!



Exhausted and "traumatized" by their trip to the vet, Twink and Bootsy went back to bed -- my bed!


I love how people keep adding more yarny things to the trees and front area of the Northville Art House's yarn bombing.


While Sue and Valorie explored the "Thoughts With Thread" exhibit in the upper gallery, I visited with Carla in the Art House Store.

We had some fun doing a Vanna-esque photo shoot of some of the new items by local artists.





Okay...a little less Vanna-y, but what a cool photo!














I was thrilled when Sue and Valorie came downstairs and gave us the news that Valorie had fallen in love with one of the pieces in the exhibit.

I did a quick inventory (in my head) of what was in the show -- I NEVER would have guessed Valorie chose one of my favorite pieces -- Leann Meixner's "Baron Samedi Flag".  (And I swear I had no influence on this decision whatsoever -- I was in the store with Carla!)

The show closes next Saturday -- I will be subbing for Carla and I will be able to bring the piece home and get it to Valorie just in time for her return trip back to New York.  Valorie has been visiting Sue and Pepper for the last few weeks.


Carla was on the phone with someone registering for an Art House class, so I got the honor of red dotting Leann's piece.


A good day at the Northville Art House!

















Ta-daaaaaaaa!

100 Tookies have faces now!

On to the next step...but I might take a day off from them.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...