Thursday, August 9, 2012

2012/365 - Day 222

volunteering at the Northville Art House

Today I got to open the Art House -- Joan and Carla both had things that delayed them just a little bit.



It was a rainy day today but the yarn-bombing still looks great!

Several people came by today to see the yarn-bombing and they really enjoyed it.  


The view from the other side of the counter!


These ladies are familiar with the Art House and come to see many of the exhibits -- they said they really like how friendly and welcoming the Art House feels.

They were also interested in the Art-o-mat...here they are looking at the Arto-binder...the "What's In That Machine" guide I make for the two machines I host.



Joan came to my rescue when another person bought a pair of earrings and renewed her membership...but she let me fill out the forms and write everything up.



While I waited for Carla to arrive I worked on some Tookies for Art-o-mat, getting a bit of a head start on this edition by adding the eyes, mouths and eyelashes on several soon-to-be finger puppets.
 





And Carla arrived!

I shadowed Carla for most of the afternoon -- I will be subbing for her at the end of the month for six days. 









Today Carla showed me changing and entering artist inventory items, how to add people to the class lists, running the credit card machine, doing memberships, and a few other things I can't think of right now.  It was a lot to take in and I will need some more practice...but I'm getting the hang of it.



And Carla took a shot of me behind the counter.  

Cool.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...