Thursday, August 23, 2012

2012/365 - Day 236

last day of training plus working on artpack insert

Today I went back to the Northville Art House for my last day of training and shadowing Carla before she goes on vacation tomorrow.  


Carla is a really good teacher.  She is very patient and has no problem with allowing you to do something yourself while she walks you through the steps.

I messed up on a task, too -- but it turned out to be a good thing -- because Carla was able to easily show me how to correct what I'd done wrong.  It was like a simple "duh" moment and really not a problem to understand what I'd done.

I took step-by-step notes (again) (I couldn't read my first notes) and today everything seemed to "click".  By the end of the day I felt pretty confident.  Joan will be at the Art House, too...it's not like I will be all on my own...but now I think I can do the work without needing to constantly ask Joan for help.  

I'm excited to sub for Carla for six days! 





Tonight I have been working on the information insert that will go into the Penciled In artpacks that William and I collaborated on for Art-o-mat.

I just want to tweak the way the words look in the columns but I am pretty happy with it overall.

I was thinking I'd like to do four inserts to a page, but I really dislike having to get out a magnifying glass to read something.  I think I will leave it the size it is.

Now I can print everything out, affix the various labels on the boxes and then package the tiny portraits with their inserts and wrap the cellophane around the boxes...I expect to ship on Monday (at the latest)!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...