Tuesday, August 21, 2012

2012/365 - Day 234

free art materials and dropping off a submission CD

This morning I got a call from Joan and Scout when they were on their walk.  A house near their house had hard cardboard carpet tubes out at the curb.  



I thought about it for a few minutes and then decided I'd pass on them because I still haven't done anything with these yet, beyond covering them with masking tape in preparation for the plaster cloth.

I thought about it a little longer and I had to call Joan back and get the location of the tubes.  At that point Joan and Scout were just coming up on a whole treasure trove of stuff!  Joan was describing things to me and saying how great they'd be for me.  Then the taking-away-the-good-stuff truck was approaching and I made a mad dash up there.




Here is my haul (back at my house).  Three good carpet tubes, a wooden table base, a wooden lamp base, three old yardsticks and some sort of framework thing...maybe a kid's easel or paper holder (?) -- I am sure these will ALL come in handy in future projects.

I think all of the tubes are going to turn into an army of cool snakes...but we'll see.



 Today was also the day before the deadline for submissions to the 20th Annual Canton Fine Arts Exhibition 2012 at the Village Theater at Cherry Hill in Canton, MI.

Peggy had a fabulous solo show there a short while ago -- it is a really nice space.

A couple of days ago I was having trouble printing the entry form and juror's results card/return postcard from the PDF file and I suspected the form was some sort of larger two-sided thing that wasn't translating well into a printable form.

Luckily, Peggy had also entered and was able to tell me about the form.  I called Joan and asked if there were any at the Art House.  Joan checked the next morning and YAY there were!

So I was able to pre-fill out my forms and put my submission CD together.   I dropped it off today.  (Plan B was going to be to fill out the forms at the theater when I arrived.)



This is a shot from my car of the Village Theater at Cherry Hill (across from where I was parked).

I will take more photos when I go back to see the show -- fingers crossed one of my three submissions is accepted!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...