Today I worked on Piece #1 (which is most likely the only one I will try and submit to the toy-themed show). I still have a lot to do before the show's submission deadline and I think I should focus on my favorite of the three (which would be this one) and do what I feel is my best. I will absolutely complete the other two pieces, I just won't be submitting them to this show.
I attached the two arms to the body. It took forever. I started at 9:15 and finished at 11:45.
Later in the afternoon I worked on adding the weights to the finger puppet boxes, but it just wasn't happening. I was trying to use some of those glass pebbles but they were not flat enough on the bottoms to stick with either rubber cement or crazy glue. I am not a hot glue user (even though I do own a glue gun) but that would probably work. Instead, I will find something else to use for vending weight.
Next I moved on to another layer of paint on the ghost. This time it was plain old acrylic paint.
Then I settled in and worked on finger puppets while watching television tonight. I got 25 to this stage -- side seams and bottom turned under and the whole thing turned rightside out. My hands and wrists are screaming at me...so is the back of my neck/shoulders area. I think what I need is some "cold-pack-and-purring-kitten therapy"...put the sewing away for the night and cuddle with Twink.