Saturday, February 19, 2011

365 Day 50

l-o-n-g day...

...but I got a LOT done!

Today started off with finishing up the mouths on 31 finger puppets that I didn't get to last night.

I have been working on the finger puppets today in batches of ten at a time so that I can let my hand and wrist rest a little.

During some of those breaks, I thought I would like to do something small. So I began a project -- something I have been wanting to try but have been kind of nervous about...customizing a toy.
Several of my friends are reeeeeeally good at it and make incredible pieces starting with various blank toys in various platforms.

The toy I am altering is from the series by Matt JOnes called "Lunartik in a Cup of Tea" and these are the mini ones.

I have a number of duplicates in the series I am collecting. None of my duplicates are rare so I have no qualms about taking one apart and giving this a "go". I don't know much about customizing and altering vinyl or plastic toys, but it seems like people use what they are comfortable with -- there is no real right or wrong way to do it.

I was surprised by how easily this is going, because I am altering this toy with plaster cloth since that is what I have on hand. So far, so good.

After I finished the mouths on the finger puppets, I moved on to the eyelashes. Today/tonight I completed 82 -- 18 to go. I haven't decided yet if I will do them tonight before bed or leave them for tomorrow.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...