Sunday, February 13, 2011

365 Day 44 -- part 2

a little more prep work before I call it a night

I decided to do a little bit more after my first entry for today. I am really glad I did, too -- because it turned out it will save me a lot of time.

Because I often have a bit of difficulty selecting colors when I am making things, I thought it would be good to "pre-select" the eyes/buttons for this batch of 100 Tookies. I recently bought several new packs of buttons in different assorted colors and it seemed like this was the perfect time to sort them into color groups. I also sorted the little shaped buttons (stars, asterisks, hearts, etc.)...it just made it easier to see the buttons that way.














As I was selecting them, I put each puppet-to-be and the "eyes" together in an envelope so they wouldn't become separated.















Since I already sorted the buttons by color and by shape, I thought I might as well put them into separate bags and store them that way.














Oh -- and look -- I actually put the finger puppet parts bins and buttons on the shelf (instead of leaving it all on the table)! I know...I surprised myself...LOL.















I started doing that seemingly small amount of work right after I posted today's earlier entry at 5:33 p.m. I hadn't even noticed that it got dark out. I couldn't believe it, but it was 8:51 -- and I hadn't fed the cats yet or set the dvr to record my Sunday tv shows! Yikes!

I scrambled to set the dvr, fed the cats, cooked my dinner, ate it while watching my shows, then I came back into the studio and thought why not save some more time and do the printing tonight, too? That is just one step closer to getting the labels done.

And now it's just about midnight and I am DONE for the night!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...