Monday, February 7, 2011

365 Day 38

Creative Progress Report for today

Several things are going on today...but I have no photos to show for any of it.

I shipped out the completed KT Goodlove blocks (151-200) to Artists in Cellophane/Art-o-mat Headquarters. Yay.

I have been sorting stuff into bins and putting the bins on the shelves I brought in from the garage. Chipping away at the mess that my big studio work table has become (again). Yay.

I am working on a couple of ideas to submit to the "Come Play With Me" show that is coming up pretty quickly at Paint Creek Center for the Arts in Rochester, MI. I am not someone who draws sketches and plans. I can see what I want it to be in my head, but I can't really draw it out on paper. I will be getting some help with the construction of the base of what I want to make, but that probably won't happen until tomorrow...and I will take some photos to document that. There are a few things that I can't quite work out on my own...the how-to basic construction stuff, not the idea of it. I can half-explain what I want it to do, but I can't quite figure out how to do it. On the other hand, my "helper" is a genius. Yay.

Also add into the mix that I unintentionally pulled another all-nighter last night/this morning and I still haven't slept much. During that flurry of activity I thought it would be a really good idea to go out and shovel the part of the road in front of my house that is where I have to walk to get the mail...you know, from about a quarter of the right edge of the lane to the curb. I wanted to do it then (at 5 a.m.) before the traffic started up and the buses got going (I live directly across the street from an elementary school) and also before the garbage trucks started rolling. The snow was sort of heavy slush with some semi-frozen stuff at the bottom that needed to be (easily) broken up. It wasn't too bad because the salt trucks did their thing before the plows pushed it to my curb. Anyway...I worked on it too long and my back has been in spasm most of the day. Boo.

So, all of that stuff combined makes for no photos and just a check in. I am working on things and ideas, just nothing to show for it today.










No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...