It started early this morning, before I was even out of bed. I started thinking about the plaster cloth rabbit guy. I was thinking about fixing his eyes...he isn't all that far from done, contstruction-wise, but I have been putting off working on him. This morning I started to get ideas.
I did a lot of listening and thinking today. I looked at a lot of tutorials about sculpting eyes and about air dry clay and about setting in glass eyes. I really thought at one point late this evening that I would be using the air dry clay...but not yet. I feel like this is still too large of an area and I am too unfamiliar with the material. Whatever...the main thing I needed to do tonight was remove those eyes so I can start over with them...they (or at least one of them) is not "aimed" right.
|I brought the plaster cloth rabbit guy into Studio A tonight because the lighting is better in here. Daytime is okay in the other studio.|
|His eyes are just not "aimed" right. One might be able to stay...not sure.|
|My tools for the job.|
|Lots and lots of wetting of the area to soften up the plaster cloth -- then the very careful digging begins.|
|Hey -- this stuff pulls right off. (sometimes)|
|...a bit more...|
|...now the other eye...|
|...more digging and pulling and...|
|...HA! I won! (I think I will try to match the removed eye to the eye that is still in place...I think.)|
I have also been holding my breath and "painting" on the tree trunks in the mostly red collage. I could not even begin to figure out what the lighter color was blended with so I half-started over. I am not terribly sure this is how they will end up, but I am done with painting for tonight. Not too bad considering...this is going to take a long, long time. But that is okay since this collage has been sitting untouched for a couple of years.
|The area "before".|
|Trying to figure out the colors...then just starting over.|
|Not too bad...for now...but definitely not done.|