Monday, June 23, 2014

Day 174 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Seventy-Four

Today I cut images and assembled the collage around the banjo guy for Terri.  I was a bit stuck  because I couldn't shake the initial ideas that I had around the banjo guy so I asked Terri to give me a few words to describe her friend (the real-life banjo player).  Among what she told me were:  the colors of rust and weeds, cabbages, vintage advertising, and kittens.  It was funny because I had imagined cats around this Animal People guy from the beginning.

For the life of me I could not come up with cabbage pictures in any of my magazines or flower catalogs.  When I was out the other day picking up hardware for the frame, the thought occurred to me that I might be able to find some packets of cabbage seeds at the hardware store -- I had to go to a couple of different places but I finally found some and they worked very well.  The neon sign "guests" just jumped out of my from my stash and I liked that it gives the overall scene a little bit of dimension. 

Anyway -- I showed Terri a photo of the collage today in an email and she was pleased with it -- yay!


scan of the collage's surface



I still need to finish the back of the plaque and sign/date it and add the hardware...but I am happy with the way it turned out  -- AND -- I am very glad that Terri likes it, too.  I gave the collage the title "Of Cabbages + Kittens".

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...