My house is finally getting a much needed paint job. I am in the process of selecting the color. It is funny how much different the same color looks in different lighting...shade/full sun, afternoon, evening, etc. The color I am going with is pretty close to the color I had in mind. I hope it turns out well -- I put my tester paints directly onto the wood (like I was advised to do) but the painting company will be prepping and priming first. I wonder how much that will change the final outcome. Oh well...it will be close.
|The four colors of green that I got testers for. (The swatch on the top and bottom are the same color.)|
|After this test strip I decided to eliminate the very yellow green.|
|So it was down to these three all around the house...top and bottom are the same.|
|Again...this time left and right are the same.|
I think the house will blend in with all of the trees and bushes and grass and look okay. And I will be able to further describe which is my house when giving directions by saying "it's the green house".
All of the tramping around through the greenery/vines/beds kicked my allergies into high gear. I spent most of the day and evening in and out of snoozing with Benadryl. I got next to nothing else done.
When I went to start trimming the business card/labels for the backs of my Animal People collages I was sorely disappointed to find that they are too skinny to cover the block all the way. Geez -- I wish I could find a way to get my old photo program to work with the new OS on my computer...gah! Oh well...back to the drawing board I guess. Just more delays is all.
I realize it is a small problem and that probably I am the only person it matters to, but it does matter to me! I will rethink this...again...and come up with something I am happy with.