Sunday, June 15, 2014

Day 166 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Sixty-Six

My house is finally getting a much needed paint job.  I am in the process of selecting the color.  It is funny how much different the same color looks in different lighting...shade/full sun, afternoon, evening, etc.  The color I am going with is pretty close to the color I had in mind.  I hope it turns out well -- I put my tester paints directly onto the wood (like I was advised to do) but the painting company will be prepping and priming first.  I wonder how much that will change the final outcome.  Oh well...it will be close.

The four colors of green that I got testers for.  (The swatch on the top and bottom are the same color.) 
After this test strip I decided to eliminate the very yellow green.
So it was down to these three all around the house...top and bottom are the same.
Again...this time left and right are the same.

I think the house will blend in with all of the trees and bushes and grass and look okay.  And I will be able to further describe which is my house when giving directions by saying "it's the green house".


All of the tramping around through the greenery/vines/beds kicked my allergies into high gear.  I spent most of the day and evening in and out of snoozing with Benadryl.  I got next to nothing else done.

When I went to start trimming the business card/labels for the backs of my Animal People collages I was sorely disappointed to find that they are too skinny to cover the block all the way.  Geez -- I wish I could find a way to get my old photo program to work with the new OS on my computer...gah!  Oh well...back to the drawing board I guess.  Just more delays is all.



I realize it is a small problem and that probably I am the only person it matters to, but it does matter to me!  I will rethink this...again...and come up with something I am happy with.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...