Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 153 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Fifty-Three

Last day of art intake for West of Center at the Northville Art House.  About half of the artists came yesterday, the remaining artists came today.  The art is really looking super.  I am excited to see it hung and I can't wait for the juror's picks for the cash awards!


West of Center Producer Joanne arrives.
Terri Light dropping off her artwork "Piscean Nocturne One" -- her work is one of the featured pieces on the banner for this month.
Diane Irby finally arrived in one piece after her hour-long stranded-at-the-side-of-the-road episode...so glad everything is mostly okay!
Diane and Terri
Most of the artists in the show will be at the opening reception on Friday -- I'm really looking forward to this!

I had been thinking today about a papier mache rock that Ingrid Dijkers gave me -- she had it left over from a display she made.  I was thinking it might make a foundation for the head of the new from scratch plaster cloth guy I am working on.


This is the papier mache rock that Ingrid gave me...she is fine with me altering it.
I originally thought I would be making a cloud guy (of some sort) out of it...but now I think it will be best used with the new from scratch plaster cloth guy.
Yes -- it is just about the perfect size!
I like it for this project very much...I want to keep the body of this guy as light as possible so that I can transport him when I need to.

I think I will make the legs end of the tomato cage into a tail for this new guy...I am eager to get working on the basic shape and see where it leads me.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...