Monday, June 16, 2014

Day 167 - 365/2014

Day One Hundred Sixty-Seven

Today the house painting crew was here to do prep work for priming.  They masked off metal and plastic parts, put frosty plastic sheeting over the window and papered the gutters and light fixtures.  They also removed the downspouts and did a lot of caulking and filling holes.  The cats are quite befuddled about not being able to see out the windows.


Tonight I put a layer of paper on the back side of the frame I'm working on for Creatura Lupus Ursus.  I hadn't thought about it...but tonight's work went fairly quickly and a lot more smoothly because all of the angles and curves are in reverse.  And mitering the corners was a breeze with no dip in the middle.





I believe I will use less paper on the back side in the finishing part because you won't see it.  It will look decent, just not as layered as the more visible parts.  I marked where the holes for the screw eyes go -- why drill new holes when these are really good.  The paper should dry whiter than it looks now -- it is still very wet in these photos.



No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...