Man. I must say that if nothing else, I am very pleased with myself for actually completing the papering of this frame. I really figured I would abandon it (like I usually do when trying to "fix" frames) and have to run out very quickly and secure a frame for this piece. Good for me.
Tonight I added some of the bluish leafy paper from the collage to the inner edge of the frame. I may have to do some additional touch up of the lighter paper...but we'll see. I know I will be trying to dull down the color a bit and then spray varnishing it...but I'm getting there!
|Ready to get to work.|
|I needed to cut one straight edge on these pieces so that they'd be neat against the edges where the two papers touch.|
|But first -- I forgot that I needed to do some touch up/fill in spots. I wasn't sure how I was going to add the bluish paper when I was doing the first stages. I knew I wanted to use it, but I wasn't sure where the edge of it would be.|
|The touch up pieces in place.|
|The bluish paper added...I think it is going to work.|
|Dryer, but still wet.|
|I can not believe I completed the papering of this frame to this point. I really expected to ditch it.|
|I am quite pleased so far -- and I am quite happy with the corners.|